How to earn this micro-credential badge
Micro-credentials in the SIM series enable teachers to verify skills in delivering instruction of the SIM Learning Strategies and Content Enhancement Routines and other educational programs offered through the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning.
To earn the micro-credential badge:
- Click the green “join this badge” button and sign up/sign in if needed.
- Post your evidence specified in the “Required Evidence” section by clicking on the blue “Post” buttons on each.
- When you have completed posting your evidence, contact your SIM Professional Developer partner in this process. That person will give final approval and award the badge.
Badge List provides a place to organize evidence of your work. You may choose to type that evidence directly into a “Required Evidence” section (as when you post the name of your professional developer or a description or narrative), but much of your evidence is actually going to be stored elsewhere (video, pdf documents, images).
Video: Upload video to a cloud-hosting site like Vimeo, or YouTube using privacy settings that provide a private link to view the video, keeping it unlisted on the public website. You will then post the link to the video in the evidence section, along with any comments you wish to include.
Documents, Image files, spreadsheets, PDF files, etc: You will upload your document, image file, pdf, spreadsheet, etc. to a cloud hosting site. You will then post the link in the evidence section, along with any comments you wish to include. We have found Google Drive to be really simple tool for accomplishing this, but Drop Box or File Dropper or any file storage site that gives you a link to your file works. To use Google Drive to post documents, images , spreadsheets, pdf, etc:
- Open Google Drive
- Hit the red “New” button
- Select “File Upload” and choose the file you wish to upload
- Click on the “Share” icon, which is on the top of the page
- Click on ‘Get Shareable Link” in upper right corner of the “Share with others” screen and copy the link.
- Paste the link into your evidence section along with any comments you wish to include.