1) Read the article from OnLine Education, "The Realities of Cheating in Online Classes and Exams" https://www.onlineeducation.com/features/cheating-in-online-education
2) Read the article by Andrew Simmons for Edutopia, " Why Students Cheat and What to do About It" https://www.edutopia.org/article/why-students-cheat-and-what-do-about-it
3) Read the article by Marilyn Price-Mitchell for Edutopia, " Creating a Culture of Integrity in the Classroom https://www.edutopia.org/blog/8-pathways-creating-culture-integrity-marilyn-price-mitchell
4) Read The NY Times article by Richard Pérez-Peña from 2012, " Studies Find More Students Cheating, With High Achievers No Exception https://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/08/education/studies-show-more-students-cheat-even-high-achievers.htmlBadge Evidence
After reading the 4 articles, contribute to the Quicktopic at https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/Nd3HfPRG9xLK
. Reflect on how different grading practices can have the power to either encourage or curb cheating. In addition, speculate on the differences in both type and prevalence of cheating today, when compared to 2012.When you are done, take a snapshot of your comment and submit it as evidence of your learning for this badge.
In your Quicktopic response please be sure to:
- Introduce the badge and topic you are discussing. For example, “For Blended Learning 12, grading practices have the power to either encourage or discourage cheating.”
- Be sure to specifically reference each of the resources.
- Comment on at least one other post (unless you are the first respondent on the topic.)