Post a link to your WordPress "Know Your Data" blog category.
Artifact 1: User Manual for a Laboratory Technician
- Describe the technique and how it is commonly used in the laboratory.
- Example Results
- Photos of significant unusable results with captions describing what you see that makes each unusable.
- Photo of a usable result with captions describing what you see that makes it usable.
- Given each unusable result, identify the possible causes and how you would fix them to get a usable result. Use text features to organize the information so that a reader can use the manual to troubleshoot results they observe from the technique.
- Reflection (verbal, written, or visual) on what your data does (or doesn’t) say about you as a scientist or technician. Write about the results and the reasons why particular data points are not useable and how to amend the procedure in order to improve the results.
Artifact 2: Technique Evaluation
- Analyze another piece of equipment and discuss the limitations of the piece of equipment.
- In video or written form discuss the typical limitations of the equipment and the effect on the data.